West Anderson Church of God
In 1964, God moved on the heart of Rev. John M. Daniel to return to his birthplace to organize a new church. With a burning desire to follow God’s will, John & Joanna Daniel moved to Anderson to begin a new work for the Lord. A building was secured on 28 By-Pass and on June 13, 1964, the small mission work began. By April 1965, the mission purchased two lots on Rogers Street, Later, an adjoining lot was donated to the church by JP Stevens. On May 30, 1965, the church officially organized with 11 members.
In August of 2000 after serving as Pastor of West Anderson for 36 years Pastor John M. Daniel retired as Senior Pastor and was named Pastor Emeritus.
On August 2000. The mantle was passed to John Mark & Cindy Daniel, who continue to lead the church with the same dedication, consecration, and true Spirit of Christ that has been a hallmark of this church.
West Anderson has been blessed since 1964 and continues to fulfill its mission to love God and love people.
At West Anderson, we believe our mission is to be in line with the Great Commission whereas Jesus instructed us to: “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28: 19-20) We want everyone who enters our doors to know that God has a plan for their life and to encourage and equip them to adhere to that plan.
The Church of God believes the whole Bible to be completely and equally inspired and that it is the written Word of God. The Church of God has adopted the following Declaration of Faith as its standard and official expression of its doctrine.
• In the verbal inspiration of the Bible
• In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
• That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
• That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
• That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
• In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
• Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
• In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
• In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
• In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
• Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
• In the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saints’ feet.
• In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
• In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
Here at West Anderson, we have many ministry opportunities for all ages and walks of life! Click on our Ministries tab to find the best place to connect for you! We can’t wait to see how God moves in your life!